Wednesday, August 1, 2007

If You Listen to Any of It Listen to All of It

So I said “More to come..” and then my computer f---in’ snuffed it. I’ll have more and substantive posts soon to make up for it soon, especially on the subject of the last episode of Big Love which was, may I say, amazing. Big Love has been solid as the delightful after-dinner mint of HBO dramas, but with this last episode it has thrown down the gauntlet and called out for its place as equal among The Sopranos, Deadwood, and The Wire as superior dramas like only HBO can provide. I will provide full commentary soon but now I must sleep as tomorrow I shall participate in the age-old ritual of “Helping a Friend Move”. By way of conciliation, I add this: a playlist which has served me well in many situations. Trust me, it works. May the Force be with You:

Aware:

Bohemian Like You, The Dandy Warhols

Yellow, Coldplay

My Favourite Game, The Cardigans

Surrender, Cheap Trick

I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles), The Proclaimers

Where is my Mind?, The Pixies

Brain Damage, Pink Floyd

Wish You Were Here, Pink Floyd

Soul Meets Body, Death Cab for Cutie

Welcome to the Black Parade, My Chemical Romance

Starlight, Muse

You Only Love Once, The Strokes

Here it Goes Again, O.K. Go

Evidently Chickentown, John Cooper Clarke

Dreaming of You, The Coral

I Predict a Riot, The Kaiser Chiefs

Thou Shalt Always Kill, Dan Le Sac Vs. Scroobius Pip

Whoo! Alright – Yeah…Uh Huh, The Rapture

Dashboard, Modest Mouse

Wraith Pinned to the Mist and Other Games, Of Montreal

Tarantuls, The Smashing Pumpkins

The World I Know, Collective Soul

You Don’t Know How it Feels, Tom Petty and the Heart Breakers

Teenagers, My Chemical Romance

No comments: